2019 should be a good year for island fox pups!
You can help keep island foxes healthy and safe.
This year the need for radio-tracking collars is greater than ever.
On each island 50–60 island foxes wear radio-tracking collars. Each year 30% to 50% of the collars need to be replaced or refurbished.
In 2019, Friends of the Island Fox is trying to fund:
- Over 30 refurbished radio collars - $220 each
- And 10 new radio collars - $350 each
|island fox is vaccinated during health check|
The sooner biologists can respond to a new threat, the more island foxes can be protected.
Friends of the Island Fox is also helping to fund important investigations into new health threats facing island foxes:
- Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses
- intestinal parasites that are causing island fox deaths
- diseases introduced to the islands by people, pets, and transported wildlife
|photo courtesy of Inge Rose|
- $25 tests a tick sample for 5 diseases
- $50 checks two blood samples
- $100 analyzes diet from 10 whisker samples
- $220 refurbishes a used radio collar
- $350 funds a new radio collar
Please DONATE today