The mission of Friends of the Island Fox (FIF) is to bring together conservation professionals and concerned private citizens to create public awareness about the island fox and to raise funds to support education, research, and conservation measures to ensure the island fox's survival and protect its island home.
Applications will be accepted through July 12, 2019. Recipients will be notified September 9, 2019.
- What is the typical size of island fox territory?
- How has the genetic bottleneck of 2000 impacted genetic diversity of island foxes on Santa Rosa and San Miguel Islands?
- What are the greatest disease threats to long-term island fox survival?
- What is the relationship between island foxes and island spotted skunks?
- What is the best scientific method to determine island fox age?
Previous FIF Research Grant Recipients
2018 - "The Channel Island Food Web–A Decade of Dietary Resource Use in Channel Island Fox: Implications for Reproduction, Recruitment, and Resilience in a Changing Climate." - Juliann Schamel, 2019 Update
Your donations to Friends of the Island Fox
help make this research grant possible